Venue: Training Room 5, Training and Development Centre, Crowndale Centre, 218-220 Eversholt Street, NW1 1BD
The session runs for 3 and half hours and will equip participants with a range of specific MECC skills that will enable them to deliver MECC confidently and consistently well.
- Opportunities we have to have helpful conversations
- Communication skills to raise an issue, open up a conversation and assess a person’s readiness to change
- Behaviour change techniques (including basic motivational interviewing techniques);
- Delivering brief advice and brief interventions
- Signposting and helpful online resources
Pre-evaluation questionnaire – completed by participants on arrival
Learning objectives and session structure overview
- Meeting the public and having helpful conversations
- Healthy Lifestyles Choices, Health Improvement and Key Messages
- Communication skills (30mins)
- Delivering Brief Advice and Signposting (30mins)
- Delivering Brief Interventions
- Resistance and ‘rolling with it’
- Wrapping up and next steps
Evaluation questionnaire – completed by participants before leaving
Please turn up in good time for the start time.
To arrange for bespoke sessions for your team, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.