Who is the training is for?
This training is appropriate for anyone that talks to people about issues affecting their health and wellbeing. They could be frontline workers, volunteers, health champions or simply people that are happy to help.
Many issues impact us all in Camden and Islington. Issues around our lifestyle, wider determinants of health like money or work. These issues are addressed in this online course.
By the end of this training participants will be able to:
- Understand the range of factors that influence residents’ decisions about key issues
- Be ready to engage residents about difficulties they face
- Know and be comfortable with a range of conversational skills to support these discussions
- Have access to resources for self-care and signposting
With its strong emphasis on core conversational and communication skills, the course also provides excellent foundation-level training.
Each session runs for 2hrs, covering the following 5 modules:
- What is MECC?
- Key issues affecting people
- Good conversations skills
- 3As: Ask – Assist - Act
Courses are flexibly designed for participants in a highly interactive online Zoom environment. On completion of a short post-course evaluation form, participants will receive a Royal Society of Health (RSPH) completion certificate.
Full instructions on how to join the session on Zoom will be sent out 24-48 hours before the course.
Please email email@example.com:
- To arrange for bespoke sessions for your team.
- If the session is fully booked and you would like to be placed on our waiting list for the next available session.