Venue: Trinton Cafe, 17-19 Triton Street, Regent’s Place, London, NW1 3BF
This session follows on from the MECC Healthy Hero Award Networking Event. You must register for the afternoon training session here if you wish to attend, following the morning event.
The MECC Healthy Hero award is being promoted to encourage those who had been trained to share their experience of using MECC techniques in their work. So we’re using this opportunity both to award our winners and promote MECC/ wellbeing signposting routes more widely in the community.
This event will start with Networking in the morning from 9am-12pm, followed by a MECC training for those who register, which will run from 1-4.30pm.
The session runs for 3 and half hours and will equip participants with a range of specific MECC skills that will enable them to deliver MECC confidently and consistently well.
- Opportunities we have to have helpful conversations
- Communication skills to raise an issue, open up a conversation and assess a person’s readiness to change
- Behaviour change techniques (including basic motivational interviewing techniques);
- Delivering brief advice and brief interventions
- Signposting and helpful online resources
Pre-evaluation questionnaire – completed by participants on arrival
Learning objectives and session structure overview
- Meeting the public and having helpful conversations
- Healthy Lifestyles Choices, Health Improvement and Key Messages
- Communication skills (30mins)
- Delivering Brief Advice and Signposting (30mins)
- Delivering Brief Interventions
- Resistance and ‘rolling with it’
- Wrapping up and next steps
Evaluation questionnaire – completed by participants before leaving
Please turn up in good time for the start time.
To arrange for bespoke sessions for your team, please get in touch at email@example.com.